Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Google Backlinks: How to get backlinks for your blog from Google

Backlinks from Google plays a big role when we think of getting high rankings for our blog in search engines especially Google or we want to get high page rank for our blogs. The same thing applies to websites as well. So to gain maximum benefit from your backlinking effort, try to get backlinks from high page rank websites and don’t forget to include your main keyword that you want to get high rankings for as part of your anchor text (text linking to your website). Suppose, I want to bring SFM blog top rankings for making money online keyword on Google, so I would focus on getting links for my blog home page from high PR blogs using the making money online keyword (or using some related keywords on some occasions).

Image Credit
How to check Google Backlinks

Now let’s talk about how to check backlinks for a website on Google. I know of two ways to check backlinks in Google.

Using link command

This method can be used to check backlinks for any website available on internet. So to check backlinks for Scopeformoney.com, I have to go to google.com and type:
link:http://www.scopeformoney.com/

So this way, we can get backlinks for any website in Google. If you want to check your website backlinks on Google, just replace my blog URL with your blog or website URL. The same command applies for internal pages as well. When I tried link command for SFM blog, Google is showing 236 results against my blog. So Google is showing 236 backlinks to SFM. The only downside to this method is that, it does not include all links counted by Google; you can take it as a sample of kind of websites linking to a particular domain.

Using Google Webmaster Tool

This method will show you total backlinks to your website home page and internal pages considered by Google. But the only downside to this method is that, you can use this method to check backlinks for a website or blog on Google which you own. So to check backlinks, login into webmasters tool account, click on the website you want to check backlinks in Google. Under ‘Your site on the web’ menu, click on ‘Links to your site’, here you will see total link count, website urls linking to your website home page and internal pages as shown below:

Google webmaster tool is showing 2,638 backlinks to ScopeforMoney.com home page. This way, we can check backlinks to our website home page and internal pages and which URL’s are actually linking to our website pages. Here is the screenshot of the websites that are linking to SFM home as per Google Webmaster tool:

And if don’t have created a Google webmaster tool account for your website, create now which will take few minutes only to activate.

Do you know any other way to check Google Backlinks for a website with details like URL’s list that are linking to your website, please share in the comments section below.
Google Backlinks for SFM

Now let’s talk about backlinks for ScopeForMoney blog from Google. Google webmaster tool is showing 2,638 links against SFM. So how I generate this amount of links for my make money online blog, let’s share it with you:

Links in blogroll

I created a list of high PR and popular blogs that deals with money making, seo, affiliate marketing, blogging, and social media kind of topics. I send invitations to them and ask them if they are interested in doing blogroll exchange with my blog. Once some of them are ready for blogroll link sharing, it’s just about adding links for each other on our blogs in blogroll, footer section or within content if we are aiming at getting links within posts. Blogroll gives good amount of links to my blog because links in blogroll generally remains available throughout the website.

Guest Posting

Writing guest posts on other blogs has also given good amount of links from Google to my blog. I so far have written 30-35 guest posts on other blogs in my niche. If you also interested in getting some good backlinks for your blog in Google, don’t forget to submit your guest post to 50 blogs that allows guest blogging.

Ezine Publishing

I have been able to generate some quick backlinks for my blog in Google by submitting some articles on Ezine publishing directories. I used ti submit my articles to EzineArticles, GoArticles, ArticleBase, ArticleDashboard and AmericanChronicle.com. I keep 2-3 backlinks to my blog home page and internal pages in the signature section while submitting my articles to these Ezine publishing websites.

Discussion Forums

Working as an expert in discussion forums related to my blog niche has also helped me a lot. I have been very active on DPForum, SitePoint, WebProWorld and V7N discussion forums.

Blog Commenting

Commenting on other blogs solves lots of my motives like bringing traffic to my blog, brand building, getting more comments on my blog and most importantly getting links for my blogs. I have created a list of Dofollow blogs where our links will be actually counted and thus will help us in getting higher search engine rankings and page rank for our blogs. But when you leave comments on other blogs, never try to spam them, give some valuable feedback, suggestion or leave your questions if you have any about the topic being covered.

Internal linking

Linking pages within a website also plays a big role for building lots of authority links and rankings on Google. So I used to link to my other posts whenever they fix in naturally. Another thing I have done is added a Related Post plugin on SFM, I have some related posts to a post if some related posts exists. This way as well, I have been able to interlink my blog pages.

Using Social Bookmarking Networks

I used to submit some of posts from my blog on top Social Bookmarking websites where I’m currently active. Submitting my content on these networks gives me some instant traffic and backlinks for my blog pages in search engines including Google.

Using Blog Directories

When I started SFM blog, I submitted it to lots of blog directories. We have to enter our blog details like Title, URL, Description, Keywords etc with most of blog directories. I have created a list of Top 10 Blog Directories, where you can submit your blog for building some quality backlinks for your blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment